Monday, December 13, 2010

Post 4

For the project presentation, I talked about System of a Down's song 'Boom!' off their album Steal This Album. The song protests on how millions of dollars are spent on creating weapons of mass destruction while children are suffering of starvation and millions of people die as the bombs are dropped killing them. It also explains on how people rely on television to find out what's happening around the world. The song was made into a music video directed by Michael Moore (Bowling for Columbine) on February 15, 2003 in Hollywood, CA along with other countries around the world protesting in an Anti-War protest about the war that was about to begin involving the U.S and Iraq.

The song really shows how the government feels and takes care of their nation. I'm an anarchist myself and have believed that the government has just been playing with us inventing lies and telling them live in the t.v box while when no one sees them, they are plotting ways to take your money and life away so they can treat themselves to something better. It is like they are feeding themselves with us being their main dish. Knowing that your money is going to something that isn't in need of support is just wrong. I guess that is why I don't take interest in helping organizations which actually do care about their main topic. I would like to know more on why System of a Down participated in that march and the opinions of the people that were protesting. I would very much love to know why the band chose Michael Moore to direct this certain song. Is it because he very fondly loves directing movies on the corruption and lies about the government in the U.S? With these ideas in mind, I would write my report on the title track 'Boom!'

No comments:

Post a Comment